Sunday, September 21, 2014

Starry, Starry Night



Starting to dread going into my next chemo session this week.  Coupled with a minor surgery to place a mediport to receive chemo means lots of hospital time/meds and feeling like....crap.




One of the bright spots in my week last week was the Dallas Force Support group.
FORCE (facing our risk of cancer empowered) is a group dedicated to BRCA+ women as well as women who are high risk for developing cancer.  At the meeting I met some really great woman.  Some were previvors, others survivors...but all were stuck in the same genetic cancer boat as me.

At least our boat is full of great people!


Anyhow...

We did a little art therapy called "wrecked books"
You choose an old book and rip out pages.
Then use it to journal "artistically" 

I had forgotten just how much I loved all things art related in grade school!

With a paint brush, set of water colors and a can of water I could almost *be* back in first grade.
No worries, chatting with my friends and creating.

It made me feel so happy and relaxed.

So today I'm going to buy some watercolors and paper and start painting.

Because it's good for my soul



No comments:

Post a Comment