Thursday, September 11, 2014

Cold front in Texas

Having just moved from the northeast to Texas, the weather forecast is one of my finer forms of entertainment.  Currently they are going crazy about a cold front that's descending into North Texas.

It's going to get down...all the way....to a .....chilly....

77 degrees!

LOL

It feels so nice out after being 90 or better since May.

Since food is finally starting to taste good, I decided to do something I love.

Bake.

I decided in honor of the end of summer and our impending arctic front I'd make a double batch of Zucchini bread with some mini chocolate chips.

Meet my partner in crime....my mixer Elmo, isn't he handsome?


I like a recipe out of the Silver Palate Cookbook, I just replace half the oil with greek yogurt to make it a little healthier


Here we go...2 nice sized loaves.  Since I have teens and a husband who has a great appetite, anything like this, needs at least a double batch.




And here we have ....ZUCCHINI BREAD!


I wish you could smell it...Mmmmmmm



And a thought for the day:






No comments:

Post a Comment