Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Bring it on

This past week has been a mixture of things that go wrong, hair falling out, dread....


and

Everything that is so right with my life.


First the bad:
Being bumped out of the closer parking lot at work
Numb feet
Tripping and falling on a curb on my way into work
My backordered wig
My leave being approved for the wrong number of days
My husband needing minor surgery




But as my husband always reminds me, into every sunny day a little rain must fall.


 Now the good:
Spending time with my family
A better (and cheaper) wig!
A husband who is healing well (surgery a success)
A manager who is understanding
and painting pool side




And a chance to stop and smell the roses my friends at work sent me.



Physically I'm feeling so much better that it hurts to think about having a port put in tomorrow and chemo on Thursday.


And yet, I have to remember that I'm in it, to win it.  


So in order to hammer my alien cancer I will be donning my best Ellen Ripley impression
and kicking some cancer ass in the infusion room on Thursday






BRING. IT. ON.








No comments:

Post a Comment