Monday, September 15, 2014

Cancer Christmas

Since I've been diagnosed and started treatment I have been fortunate to have received some amazing and thoughtful care packages from friends and family all over the country.  In fact it makes me tear up a bit because well...you just never know how lonely life can be until you're feeling sick.  I confess every time one of those packages hits my doorstep it makes me smile.  It feels like my favorite robe wrapped around me on Christmas morning while sipping hot cocoa and watching my kids open presents from Santa.





Mmmmmm


yeah....that good :)



At first it felt a little strange to me.  I've always been someone who gives.  I was always fortunate to be someone who *could* give.  Giving always felt good.  And one of my personal mottoes was always:

"We make a living from what we get.  We make a life from what we give"
(I have no idea who wrote it.  Someone at work got it in a fortune cookie and we hung it on the wall at the desk...true story)


My other motto:
Hope for the best 
Be prepared for the worst
And take whatever comes with a smile
(Courtesy of Sister Rose's desk- my high school biology teacher)



So Sister Rose, I am trying.  

I am enjoying my "Cancer Christmas" as my son calls it.  But more importantly
I'm enjoying and gaining strength from so much love and support the universe seems to throwing my way.


And along with all sorts of nice cozy things are some pretty awesome wishes.  
When I came a across this one...it made me laugh out loud



(Yes, Kim..you made the blog)



And thank you to all of my friends and family.  Your thoughts, prayers, gifts, calls and emails fill my soul every day

OOXX






No comments:

Post a Comment