Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Standing on the edge

Trying to enjoy the last few days of mostly normal life before starting Chemo on Thurs.  I'm reminded of other times in my life when I knew I was at a moment where everything was going to change.  The day we left for the hospital to have our first child, or when we had to place my dad in an Alzheimer's unit as his disease progressed.  But I think the time that stands out the most is when my youngest child was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at age 5.  I distinctly remember the disbelief, the anger, the sadness...and then eventually the acceptance.  That was over 11 years ago.  While it made a huge difference in our lives then, it is now normal life.  I would even venture to say it's made us all even better people.  SO as I stand on this new cliff looking out on what life will mean during and after chemo.  I'm going to try to focus on how much I'm going to grow as a person and how this new path will open up other avenues in the future.


NOW

Before anyone thinks I've gotten all 'Stuart Smalley' on you
Let me be clear.

I never would have "chosen" this path.  In actuality my brain is still fighting it pretty hard.

I would have picked "none of the above" in the cancer column, if I'd had a choice.



No comments:

Post a Comment