Saturday, September 13, 2014

So they say it's your Birthday



Happy Birthday to Me!


Celebrating a birthday while fighting cancer put a whole new spin on it.  I've always loved my September birthday and have been quite fond of the fact, I was born on a "Friday the 13th".  This year instead of looking forward to a nice dinner out with my family and of course, cake.  I'm looking forward to a new beginning of life.  

One of the gifts cancer has given me is a new appreciation for almost everything.  Every day I wake up and think "Make it count".  Because you never realize how sweet life is, until you're told you could lose it.  

One of my dear friends Mary, sent me a book (Hi Mar! I got it!) which I've been reading and loving.
It's entitled 365 Prescriptions for the Soul by Dr. Bernie Siegel.  Every day there's a new prescription to think about.  Today's prescription was called "Beginnings" and focused on the fact that most endings are in fact beginnings.  That's why we call a graduation, a "commencement" ...not a termination.

So my 51st birthday...

I'm considering my 1st birthday with a new awareness.  

To make it count.  To do the work I know I need and love to do.  To appreciate my family and friends. To enjoy how sweet things are, even when chemo makes them a little...sour.  

NOW


Did someone say........Chocolate Cake?






No comments:

Post a Comment