Friday, September 19, 2014

A Farewell to ... my hair

Ahhhh....

Yes, the day I had been dreading has arrived.

When I knew I would be starting chemo, my next question was, "when will I lose my hair?"  Due to the type of Chemo I'm on (Taxol/Carbol) I was told it would be between 2-3 weeks after the first treatment.

Last Sunday night when I got out of the shower I discovered the process was starting when my body hair decided to go brazilian.

Slowly my hair has been shedding.

Before I was diagnosed I thought you lost hair like this:


As in "poof! all gone"



But it actuality is more like this:






And while I admit I cried a little when I realized it was falling out.  

After the first 2 days it just got annoying.  

Hair loss tip:  When your hair is falling out, greasing up with baby oil and then blowing your hair dry...may not be a good idea.  I was oiled...and feathered. 



So I shaved it all off this am.


It was almost anti-climatic.

And it feels....so good :)








and a final word or 3...





Fuck you cancer.  






No comments:

Post a Comment