Monday, September 29, 2014

Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer Week

This week is National Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer Week (HBOC), which is fitting since September is Ovarian Cancer Awareness month and October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

I love our ribbon as it encompasses both breast and ovarian cancers



While I give my breast cancer sisters kudos for the amazing efforts that have helped make huge strides in early detection and better treatment of breast cancer.

Sometimes

I get a little tired of pink..


There I said it.

While breast cancer affects more woman.

Ovarian cancer is more deadly as we have no way to detect it early

Only 15% of ovarian cancers are detected early

:(

So to all my dear friends I ask you



Starting to come out of my chemo fog...


Hopefully a better day ahead.






1 comment:

  1. I agree. I love the slogan on the shirt! Hope you continue to feel better this week.

    ReplyDelete