Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Just meant to be

Today I received a lovely care package from my brother's family.

The package included a quilt made by my nieces. According to my sister in law Amy, last year during lent their church had a weekly quilting workshop for all ages and they focused on making quilts for cancer patients. The kids all chose a cancer and then would design the quilt for that cancer's "color". They would then package the quilt along with funny movies/books/journal and other items. As soon as they finished a quilt, it would seem someone who had that particular cancer would be diagnosed. When I was diagnosed my SIL called the coordinator to see if there were any quilts left...there was only 1 left. 


It was for ovarian cancer. My quilt. 

This makes me feel very happy, hopeful.  

Just meant to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment