Monday, December 29, 2014

Biological Tick Tock

Back in my 30's everyone was concerned with their biological clock.  Which meant having babies.  If you were 35 unmarried and had not had children surely everyone in a 10 mile radius could actually "hear" your clock ticking.



Interestingly I feel a bit similar right now.


Of course my kids are older, and the clock I can hear ticking has nothing to do with babies.


My clock is ticking with the hope I will NOT get another cancer before I can prevent it.



Confused?

When I discovered my mutation the thought was to remove my ovaries and tubes first THEN do breast surgery to remove the risk of breast cancer.



Currently I'm on plan B



Found cancer early...treated it.


Hope to hell I can recover from chemo...and beat the clock before I am diagnosed with breast cancer.

I *could* be zen and say "Que sera, sera...whatever will be, will be"




But I think I'd need some better drugs or a nice grey goose cosmo (or 3)
to get me there.





When it comes to my BRCA mutation I'm a believer.

Cancer?  Is not an if...it's a when.

Tick...tick...tick...







No comments:

Post a Comment