Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Why Scary Movies Aren't As Scary

Happy Halloween!


As the scary season is upon us, I'm noticing something interesting.  Scary movies just don't seem as scary to me.

I love a good scary movie and always have.  My kids routinely love to scare me and watch me jump.  But this year those movies and scares don't seem to make me JUMP! Like they used to.


A huge favorite...Chris Sarandon as a Vampire next door?  yes..please :)

Kiefer before 24

Cheesy goodness


I'm starting to discover that horror movies don't scary me as much, because I am now living my own scary movie.

In which the Alien is hiding in my body...cancer



Ahhh....yeah.  That is some pretty scary stuff right there.

So yeah, I'm in the trenches fighting my alien cancer cells and hopefully winning


BUT WAIT!


Like any good horror movie there's....more



Since I am BRCA 1+ I also have a 70% risk of breast cancer...and of Triple negative breast cancer the hardest most aggressive form of breast cancer to treat.


That's like leaving a wounded slasher WITH a knife!






And that my friends is SCARY.

I'm starting to think about what comes after chemo and am realizing quickly I don't want to leave " a slasher with a knife"

Which means surgery to remove my breasts...as soon as I'm medically cleared to do so after chemo is over.


I am hoping to reduce the slasher -Triple Negative Breast Cancer

To this



Because I ain't scared of no ghosts...

But I am scared of cancer.



No comments:

Post a Comment