Saturday, October 18, 2014

Post Chemo Blahs..

The weekend after I get get Chemo is usually the hardest.  As long as I take my drugs- steroids, anti-nausea meds and pain meds, it usually doesn't get awful,  But I have to stay on top of it.  One of the other things I've learned is to walk a little and rest A LOT.  Drink, drink and drink some more (sadly water...not wine) and to eat bland foods that are calming.

Some of the items I've found that help are these:

Chocolate Carnation Instant Breakfast 
chocolate milk + some extra protein


Turkey slices with provolone cheese made excellent sandwiches or roll-ups




Kozy Shack Rice Pudding- comfort food that is creamy and sweet..but not too sweet


My favorite tea post chemo I drink it hot and iced.  Tazo Zen tea.  It's a green tea with a hint of mint and lemongrass




Love these little guys for snacking ..they make me smile!



I also enjoy soup...especially chicken soup...



So that's my post chemo menu.  Kinda boring and bland.  But it makes my tummy happy and that's all that matters.



And a nice saying I found:








No comments:

Post a Comment