Monday, November 30, 2015

EXHALE......

Long before I started my blog I thought about the day I would discover I had cancer.  I know that sounds awful, but when so many people in your family have walked that line, you just wonder when your turn will be.  In our family there was even a little mantra about "if you get past 50...you're good".

So I grew up, got married, had babies and ....waited.  I went for my mammograms, and ultrasounds and every other testing my doctors recommended.

At age 50 I discovered my BRCA1 mutation.  2 weeks short of my 51st birthday I was diagnosed with cancer.


Almost 2 weeks ago I had a double mastectomy.  I steadied myself knowing if something was found at least it was small.  My surgical reports show NO cancer.  NONE.

There was some precancerous stuff found, which just goes to show, I made the right choice again.

 I am thankful.  grateful.  That this evening I can finally...

EXHALE.

No comments:

Post a Comment