Monday, November 16, 2015

A Fond Farewell

The time is quickly drawing near for the first of my breast surgeries. I will be having a double mastectomy on Thursday Nov. 19th.  

Naturally this has been a hard decision.  Not that I need my breasts or that they define who I am.  But they are a part of my body that for most say 
"Woman"

When I knew I was going to lose my hair to chemo, a wise friend told me that my hair did NOT define who I was.  I took that thought to heart.  I still do.  Although this time it's my breasts.


Be it my wedding day






or feeding my babies




My breasts have been a large part of my life.


But none of that defines me.

So it is with sadness I say goodbye to a part of me that has taken me from 
"crayons to perfume"

It makes me cry.

Not going to lie. 





No comments:

Post a Comment