Monday, February 2, 2015

Finding my way back

Still trying to answer the question about what comes next after cancer.  
One side effect of my chemotherapy has been neuropathy in my hands and feet

Basically my feet feel like they are asleep 24/7


Except for when I'm on them for an extended period of time and then
it's painful



So I've been on a quest to see what I can do to get rid my neuropathy and find my new normal



Last week I started physical therapy to help improve my balance and support the muscles in my feet and ankles.

As part of my homework I have some exercises and are supposed to walk daily.

This weekend I went walking with my sister, cousin and daughter at the Canton Trade Days



Which is the mother of all flea market/swap meet/craft fairs all rolled into one!

I figured I might as well shop...and walk.

Shopping with my girls and exercising ...what a perfect combination!

Some other things I have learned about neuropathy after chemo:
It may take up to a year for your neuropathy to improve,
whatever neuropathy is left after a year is yours to keep.

So I'm on a quest to kick neuropathy to the curb
AND
get in better physical shape because I still have one preventative surgery to go.
The preventative double mastectomy and reconstruction surgery.

One surgery (with a cancer detour) down and one to go...






No comments:

Post a Comment