Thursday, January 7, 2016

Adventures in plastic surgery part 2

Thankfully my surgery is over and I've healed well.  My plastic surgeon was even surprised it went as well as it has.  So yeah!

I'm still not enjoying life with expanders but I am getting used to it.  SO of course they expanded them a little more.  Muscle relaxants are my friends, now more than ever.  Especially at night.  Breast expander pre-op (courtesy of allergen).



But I only have one more expansion left and then will most likely have diep/siep flap reconstruction in the spring.

I went back to work this week.  It was rather eye opening.  Clearly napping and watching netflix the last 6 weeks has done a number on my stamina.  I was one hurting pup coming home that evening.  The next day was better.  I have to keep remembering this whole process is a marathon...not a sprint.


So for now I'm going to enjoy sunny 60 degree Dallas, and rest up for my next surgery.

Well I guess there's also work....3 older kids....but that's just regular life.

OH and one other item of good news I was accepted to present on BRCA including my story this summer at the National Convention of the Association of Woman's Health, Obstetrical and Neonatal Nursing (AWHONN) - my favorite professional organization.
So I have a little work to do on that project as well.  Honored and excited to be accepted to do so.









No comments:

Post a Comment