Thursday, June 18, 2015

Dancing with NED

I went for my 6 month post chemo follow up appointment today.  Thankfully everything seems to be normal so I am still "dancing with NED"



NED is cancer slang for "no evidence of disease"

The weeks leading up to my appointment were busy and stressful.

I started feeling more anxious about some vague symptoms I was having.

The more I worried, the more stressed I was and then the symptoms seemed to be worsening.

Easy to see how this can get out of control very fast.



I was also worrying alone. Because I didn't want anyone to worry about me.

One day a friend asked how I was...and well, it all just came tumbling out.

She encouraged me to call my doctor and do my blood work early.  
So I did.


My Ca125 levels are lower than they were 3 months ago.

Incredibly good news!

Turns out trying to eat more fruits and veggies was most likely the reason I was feeling more bloated.

So I'll just keep dancing...even my husband likes me dancing with NED

And remember...

"No One Puts Baby in the Corner"


Damn I miss Patrick Swayze!

No comments:

Post a Comment