Thursday, August 28, 2014

WHAM...There was Cancer



I was cruising along in life.  Happily married, 3 kids almost grown.  Successful career.  My husband and I decided to relocate from Connecticut to Dallas Tx.  We were tired of the weather and the high cost of living.  It took us almost a year to do it, but we successfully made the move and were loving our new home.  When I was diagnosed with early stage fallopian tube cancer.


Now in reality my tumors were small.  Two small (1mm or less) lesions found in both of my fallopian tubes.  So the biggest tumor was the size of this pencil point:


But to me it felt more like:



Because you see ovarian cancer is one bad mofo.  It's killed several women in our family.  Now that nasty little alien had decided to take up residence in me.




No comments:

Post a Comment